Monday, February 16, 2015

Floral Fusion meets Waxed Paper


I needed to make an anniversary card.  I didn't want to detract from the image, so I decided against a sentiment on the front, and used a "happy anniversary" sentiment on the inside.  I began by making a die cut of one of my favorite dies..... the MFT Floral Fusion.  Because I put waxed paper between the cardstock and the die, I saw, while riding my imagination, that I could actually try to use the waxed paper cutout on a second card.  Waxed paper!  On a card?  On the front of the card?  Ohhhhh yeeeeaaaaah (smoothly spoken in my mind).  Don't forget, I use a small Sony digital camera.  Here's the picture of the waxed paper cutout applied to a sponged layer piece of cardstock.


The layer card was sponged, then SU Shimmer Spray Vanilla was applied.  The image above, as usual, doesn't show the shimmer but I know it's there somewhere.  Here's the close up that showed the shine.



I am thrilled with how this simple card turned out. It's pretty and delicate.  The female recipient will gently handle it (she's a cardmaker as well), but the male?  Not sure.    One more image from the other direction, and durn.... a mistake.  I actually noticed it AFTER adhering the layer onto the base, but it was too late by then.  I wanted to throw a couple or eight dimensionals between the layers just to add another uhmmmmm... might I say dimension?


I intend on getting better with picture taking and placement of the light, but where else will you get a brightness to the center of the card like you see above?  I have to say that I will always rethink whether to use or toss the waxed paper cutout.  I know everytime I die cut, I will be using the cardstock + waxed paper + die, giving me the ride through my imagination.

COMMENT below about if you have used wax paper on cardstock, or if you plan on using wax paper on the front of your future cards.  A blessed day to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heartfelt thanks for your kind comments--they make my day.
If you are unable to leave a comment, try a different browser.