Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ballerina: Glittered on Pink

I'm guessing that all of us card makers have had to do a quick and easy card at sometime through our creative journey.  Sometimes, these cards are harder for me to make since mine are usually a one-layer or close to being a one-layer card.  I was a tween girl's birthday, she loves to dance, and she loves pink.  That wasn't new news to me.... pink and dance being a young girl's favorite things.  And what little girl doesn't like glitter?  Pink was easy to assemble, dancing was easy to put with it, but to make it explode into something great?  Could that be glitter?  I used a glue pen outlining the ballerina's dress, and tapped some glitter onto it.  I didn't get but maybe a bottle rocket explosion, so, let's take a look.


Yep, not the big rockets that create a very loud noise, but maybe a small bottle rocket.  The girl was thrilled with it and kept it on her nightstand for several months.  During those several months, I've learned much about tips and trick, techniques and coloring that would cause my imagination to soar a bit higher.  We'll get to those more recent-made cards in the future, or you can look at the previous two postings.  I want to include some of my early pieces at the beginning of this blogland experience of mine.

Speaking of a card made during the beginning of my card making several years ago, here comes another.  This, too, was for a birthday, but this time for a 3-year-old boy.  It was totally done with the Cricut and a cartridge.


The boys I know love these kinds of cards, especially with their name on it.  I think they like how it is put together--like construction work--and how it layers.  You see from the time stamp that this was a few years back, and I sure didn't seem to know how to take a good picture.  Can't say I'm much better today, but at least I put more effort into it.  It's so hard (the effort) to push that button to take the picture  :)

I've not made a Cricut card in a long time, and I think I just might pull the ol' Cricut out and explore and see where my imagination flies. I know there's all sorts of super embellishments on those cartridges that are put onto cards today.

Have a great day, COMMENT below about the very young kids you make cards for, and may all your goodnesses be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heartfelt thanks for your kind comments--they make my day.
If you are unable to leave a comment, try a different browser.